Register of debentures
Written with our partners at:
What is a register of debentures and when do you need one?
You will need to use this register if debenture stock is given.
This register is part of our suite of registers, often called the ‘statutory books’, that a limited company must have in place.
Other registers within this suite include:
- Register of secretaries
- Register of members and share ledger
- Register of directors' interests
- Register of directors' residential address
- Register of directors
- Register of mortgages and charges
- Register of persons with significant control (PSCs)
- Register of relevant legal entities (RLEs)
- Register of share applications and allotments*Register of transfers
Not all of these will be relevant to your business in its initial stages of setup and development, but many, if not all, of them, will be relevant as your business grows.
You will need to have them in place and to keep them up to date. Some are mandatory from the outset.