Register of mortgages and charges
Written with our partners at:
What’s a register of mortgages and charges and when do you need one?
A register of mortgages and charges is something that you'll need to put in place under UK corporate legislation.
This register is part of our suite of registers, often called the ‘statutory books’, that a limited company must have in place.
Other registers within this suite include:
- Register of debentures
- Register of directors
- Register of directors' interests
- Register of directors' residential address
- Register of members and share ledger
- Register of secretaries
- Register of persons with significant control (PSCs)
- Register of relevant legal entities (RLEs)
- Register of share applications and allotments*Register of transfers
Not all of these will be relevant to your business in its initial stages of setup and development – but many, if not all, of them, will be relevant as your business grows. You will need to have them in place and to keep them up to date.
Often, accountants and lawyers, advisers, formation agents and/or administrative agencies will offer variously priced services to help you to manage these administrative obligations.
But you can keep them up to date on Farillio yourself for no additional cost.